- This is a list of things to consider when you are moving a senior adult into a new residence.
- Ask for a floor plan for the new residence.
- Find out what pieces of furniture the person you are moving would like to take with them Check to see if it will all fit into their new living space.
- Is there anything that they would like to donate.
- Do they want to ship any china, silverware or mementos to family members.
- Make them a part of the move.
- Do they have a preference as far as the floor that they are on.
- Do they want a patio or a porch?
- Do they want to face an garden, or the street.
- Check if the new space will be noisy or quiet based on the outside traffic or noises.
- Will their rooms face the sun in the heat of the day if they are in a warm climate.
These are all things that can be checked out before the move, to make the senior adults move go smoothly.
Feel free to ask pack n send questions about the move. We specialize in moving seniors into assisted living facilities. Packing companies, like pack n send can pack, move and offer to help sell and or ship their excess belongings to family members throughout the United States.