What are some things you need to think about when planning a move?
Two major decisions – Do I pack and move or do I hire a packing and moving company?
Pack-n-Send, Inc., knows that your time is valuable. We are a complete packing and moving service and will supply you with all necessary moving supplies so that you can pack yourself, or you can hire Pack-n-Send, Inc., to pack your belongings for you..
- Bubble wrap
- Tape guns
Major decisions before Moving Day
- Most leases require 30-60 days notice to vacate.
- Check your landlord’s requirements to ensure you are able to give proper notice.
- Seek out and hire your moving company.
- During busy moving times, you will need to schedule one or two months in advance.
- If packing on your own, collect your supplies!
- If you choose Pack-n-Send, Inc., to handle your move, we will BOTH pack and move you to your new location! Click here for a FREE QUOTE!
- Begin separating your items that you will NOT be taking with you.
- Make separate piles, bagging or boxing up the items you want for donations, tossing away or for sell.
Money Saving Tip: Taking items with you that you do not want and will not use adds to the cost of the space you will use on a truck.
People you should notify before you move:
- Utility Providers – transfer/termination of utilities
- Post Office
- Bank/Credit Union
Weeks before your move – Marking boxes
- Clearly label boxes with contents and destination.
- Clearly mark boxes with FRAGILE when holding fragile items.
- Clearly mark HEAT SENSITIVE when boxing up items, such as electronics. You don’t want them left on the truck in the heat.
Long Distance or Out-of-State Move
Have your vehicle serviced before driving to your new move location. Your vehicle should be in good working order.
- Tire pressure
- Windshield wipers
- Fluids – oil, coolant, windshield wiper fluid
- Break pads
- Break pads and clutch
- Leaks – any hoses or various components under the vehicle
- Drive belts – check for cracks
- Spare Tire
Make sure you know where the moving truck is allowed to park.
If the apartment has an elevator, make sure you have the permission you need to use it and what time is allowed.
Money saving tip: Old location
- Clean all appliances – defrost and clean, keep dry to avoid unpleasant odors for new occupants.
- Make all necessary repairs to avoid charges for any damages or loss of your deposit
Day of your move
- Have your inventory list handy to match with your mover’s list
- Make sure your pet(s) are secured so that they will not run away
- Suitcase(s) holding the belongings you want and need
- Valuables including paperwork
- Change of clothing
- Basic toiletries
- Pet(s) needs – food, favorite toys, bed
Day of Move In
- Inspect your new apartment
- Make notes of any damages – dents or scratches
- Take photos of any damages
- This is the best time to clean as you desire
- Supervise placement of items if Pack-n-Send, Inc., is taking care of your packing and moving
- Check items off your list as they are being unloaded
I am HOME – First things!
Unpack all of your important necessities:
- Bathroom towels
- Toilet Paper
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste
- Kitchen cutlery, dishes, coffee pot and/or Juicier
- Work related items
- Change of clothing
- Pet supplies
Unpack all other boxes to make sure everything on your list has arrived safely
Request an apartment FREE MOVING QUOTE today.
Give us a call: 713-266-1450
Se habla Espanol!