Shipping machinery from one location to another requires both packing and shipping expertise.
Here are a few questions to ask when you are moving machinery.
- Does the pick up location offer a loading dock?
- Does the delivery location have a loading dock?
- What is the value of the machinery?
- What are the dimensions of the machinery?
- Is the machinery oilfield or medical machinery? Different types of machinery require different packing specifications.
- Can them machinery be boxed?
- Does the machinery need a custom built crate?
- If you are shipping the machinery overseas, will it ship by the cubic meter, or will it ship inside a container?
- Is the company packing your machinery able to load a container for you?
- If the machinery was assembled inside of a building, does it need to be disassembled to fit it through the door?
These are a few of the basic questions to ask when you are researching a company to pack and send your machinery.