Preparing for a successful trade show event doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. We are offering you some tips in order to be well represented and to show how we can help you in the process!
Pack-n-send can build your custom crates and ship your merchandise on pallets for your trade show! Having that knowledge, let’s get started on how to plan ahead for a successful trade show!
Step One: Find the purpose of your marketing strategy
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Increase your visibility – building brand awareness?
- Introduce new products or concepts – educating the audience?
- Increase your services in an existing market – targeting sales figures?
- Increase your service in a new market – generating new leads?
Step Two: Lay out your Budget
- Registration – reserve your space – early registration can save you money.
- Determine rental fee space – what size works best?
- Draft out Exhibit design costs.
- Insure all of your merchandise, equipment and supplies.
- Calculate Team expenses – travel accommodations, show services and transportation.
- Trash clean up and removal.
Step Three: Write out your Exhibit Plan
- A plan will allow you too see what your Team needs to accomplish.
- A plan will allow you to see what items you need to accomplish your goals.
- A plan will allow you to see what you need to order and/or replace for good representation.
Step Four: Preparing to Pack
- What products or concepts will be your focus?
- Order your products and materials in advance.
- Ask the shipping company to use reusable crates – this will cut down on shipping costs in the future.
- Make sure you have all proper registration documentation needed to register for the trade show.
- Label every box and/or container – this cuts down on setup time.
- Obtain the contact information for the event or venue staff who are coordinating shipments.
Step Five: Contact the Venue – check in with event staff well in advance and ask these questions:
- Is there a resource available outlining specific exhibitor guidelines?
- Does the venue have specific receiving dates, hours or receiving docks intended specifically for exhibit shipments?
- Will there be internet connections on the event floor?
- Are electrical outlets available or do you need to bring a power chord?
- Does the venue require you to use a preferred designated freight company?
- Are there specific hours to have packed trade show booths picked up following the event?
Here is a convenient list of items you do not want to forget!
Step Five: Follow up!
The show is not over!
You do not want your time and money spent to show nothing for your effort. Send an email thanking for attendance and offering a time to review your products and services.
Pack-n-Send, Inc., has all the packing and shipping solutions your company needs.
Call us for assistance: 713-266-1450
Get a free quote: Preparing for a Trade Show