There are a few prohibited items that cannot be shipped into St. Viincent and the Grenadines.
They are ammunitions and arms – except under license. You cannot ship currency or radioactive materials.
Since there are no listed restrictions, we have listed a few interesting items about Saint Vincent. We have also posted a link so that you can check to see if the prohibited and restricted items change over time.
- In 1948 Christopher Columbus ,the famous explorer, first found Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- The French were the first to colonize in 1719 and settled down as cultivators of coffee, sugar, tobacco, indigo and cotton.
- In 1763, St. Vincent & the Grenadines were handed over to the British and then returned to French rule in 1779.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines became officially independent on October 2, 1979 and adopted their constitution on the same day. They chose to follow a democratic form of government.
- Plantations are a main employer. Bananas account for nearly fifty percent of all exports. The banana plantations employ about sixty per cent of the workforce.