Tips For Moving to Another City
People move to another city for all kinds of reasonsófor a job, to be closer to family or friends, because they’re looking for a new opportunity, health, and more. But no matter what the cause for the move, there is definitely the potential for some stress along the way. That’s why we compiled this checklist of things to do if you are moving to another city.
Wait! Before You Leave…
- Cancel of transfer your internet/cable/phone service to your new home.
- Cancel your other city utilities and gas.
- Turn off all air conditioning, fans, and heat.
- Leave any keys and garage door openers on the kitchen counter.
- Thoroughly clean the home or pay for a professional cleaning service. An example of a cleaning service that you can call in Houston is Maid in the Shade.
- Check all cabinets, drawers, the attic, garage, closets, refrigerator, the stove, etc. for any last items left behind.
- Schedule pick-up for all of your trash cans.
- Turn off all light switches.
- Shut off all water, including water to hoses.
Who Are You Using to Help You Move?
Moving across the country is a big task. Some people decide to pack up their things and use their own vehicles to make the move. Others decide to hire a moving company to do their packing and moving. Whether you hire a moving company depends on your budget, your resources, your timeline, and your physical capability. If needed, a packing and shipping company can do all of the move for you!
First Steps Upon Arrival
When you get to your new hometown, you might stay in a hotel or rent an apartment for a few months while you look for a home and decide what area of town you want to live in. If you are looking for a realtor, you can find a real estate agent using this tool from https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/hWSTC313kKs7LkBt2Eh8ND?domain=realtor.com.
If you need help moving to another city, we would love to help here at Pack n Send. Please contact us today for more information!